Sale Castle Saint-Jeoire-Prieuré
Entrance Wooden floor
Entrance Tile
Bathroom Tile
Dining room Wooden floor
Bedroom Wooden floor
Sale Castle Saint-Jeoire-Prieuré

Sale Castle

Ref. AI001

20 rooms

14 bedrooms

1000 m²

€ 3,000,000

Additional information

Saint-Jeoire-Prieuré - 19th Century Castle

€ 3,000,000

Magnificent wine property located just 10 minutes south of Chambéry, 1 hour from Lyon and Geneva.
The domain extends over 5 hectares of vines classified in AOC “Vin de Savoie” with the CHATEAU appellation and 2 hectares of orchard planted with hundred-year-old trees.
The castle dates from the 19th century while the origin of the estate dates back to the 11th century, it has a remarkable view of the mountains.

The main building of 1000 m².
The annex buildings, the wine storehouse, the guard house and the cellar can be converted and renovated.
This area is conducive to the development of hotel and reception activities. the CHATEAU appellation.

The main building is composed on the ground floor of two dining rooms with fireplaces and oak floors, professional kitchen and pantry.
On the 1st floor: 6 bedrooms of different sizes with fireplaces and bathrooms.
On the 2nd floor: 5 large bedrooms with 3 bathrooms.
The attic to convert develop 250 m2.
Two 11th century vaulted cellars in beaten earth of 120 m2 complete this property.

The history of this village dates from the 12th century, it is linked to that of monks, the Augustes. Historical passage between Savoy and Dauphiné, the Augustes settled there in 1112 where St-Georges became the patron of the parish.
Gateway to the Savoyard vineyard, balcony on the south of the Chambery cluse, St-Jeoire owes its name to the founding act of 1120 which transformed the parish church, which already bore the name of Saint-Jeoire, into a priory church . Thus, the priory founded by St-Hughes de Chateauneuf, bishop of Grenoble, is entrusted to the canons regular of St-Augustin. The term Priory was added to St-Jeoire at the request of the municipality on December 16, 1901 to recall the old designation of the church. Today, nothing remains of the priory, the last remains were demolished in 1939.
The AOC dates from 1973.


  • Reference AI001
  • Rooms 20 rooms
  • Area 1000 m²
  • Total area 1500 m²
  • Heating device Central
  • Heating type Fuel oil
  • Heating access Individual
  • Hot water device Boiler
  • Hot water access Individual
  • Waste water Septic tank
  • View Unobstructed Mountains Countryside

Other visuals


  • 1 House 1000 m²
  • 1 Outbuilding 300 m²
  • 1 House 200 m²
  • 1 Land 70000 m²
  • 14 Hallway


  • Airport 10 km
  • Highway 5 km
  • Town centre 1 km


No information available

Legal notice

  • Seller's fees
  • No procedure in progress

Request additional information

Energy efficiency

Energy - Conventional consumptionIn progress
Energy - Emissions estimateIn progress

Similar properties

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.